Sunday, August 16, 2009

Copy and Paste! (My cheater blog)

Everytime after we do Outreach, Laurie would write a blog about everything that happened. We decided to start 'sharing the load' and taking turns writing the blogs. Here is the one I wrote from when we went out Friday night (two nights ago).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I just got home but I am not even tired even after my hour drive so I am gonna write about the outreach now that it's still fresh... but if I ramble or it doesn't make sense, it's almost 3am so grace please! ;)

Oh and if I forget anything, please feel free to add to it Laurie and Johnny! (I'll tag more people tomorrow when I am more awake too! hehe)

Laurie and I had dinner as I work in town so soon after, we met with Johnny at Laurie's place at ten and headed out. We did our routine of getting coffee at the 7-11 (sadly didn't see our usual 'doorman') and then prayed in the parking lot. Johnny showed us the jewelry he made too for us to give to the girls. Very nice! We prayed for divine appointments, for the people who weren't able to join us in ministry tonightt, prayer requests on our hearts, and also for all the hearts who were at the Harvest Crusade tonight and will be the next two nights (I am going tomorrow and Johnny is also volunteering there! Fun!)




We were lucky with no traffic on our way to the track but when we got there... no girls! We drove up and down the track once and saw maybe three girls spread out. We drove it up and down again and even they were gone. We went back to the Shell station to pray... and then Johnny bought a taco from the roach coach (see Johhny? Told you I would mention your dinner!) We talked to a couple guys standing around there (we saw one of them buy drugs off another guy on a bike... plain as day)... they kept saying we looked like cops. That made me laugh when I looked at Laurie's beautiful purple hair and I pictured my klutzy self with a gun. LOL

We started driving the track again... and there were more girls than we could count! They must have all been dropped off at once. We parked and came across Michelle whom Laurie, Jen and Johnny had met two weeks ago. Super sweet and we prayed with her about a friend and a guy, S*** and P*** who are addicted to drugs and alcohol.

We talked to ALOT of girls... we kind of lost count but based on all the gift bags we DIDN'T come back home with, we are guessing 15-20!

We also met Andre, a man riding around on his bike. He is on crack but knows full well Jesus can take his addiction away. He made no excuse for his addiction and said he knows his flesh does what the spirit does not want him to do. I thought he should totally be a preacher as he was speaking into us all as he spoke! We got to pray with him too.

Some of the girls looked extra young, like Jr High age. It was really heartbreaking. We got to talk to M******* for a little bit and she was really sweet. She looked younger than 20 (the age she said she is), but said she had been out there for about a year. She said she knew she was special and that she knew what she was doing was wrong. I seriously wanted to hug this girl so bad!

We also came across T****** who recognized Laurie right away from another track. The cops tried to talk to us as we were talking to her so the time was cut a little short.

Overall, it was a very fruitful night! Got to talk to a lot of girls and guys! I can't stop thinking of how young they all were either. There's always one thing every time we go out that hits me the most and these girls ages is what really got to me. So sad. I wish they knew how special they are to Jesus... they are His children!

Ok ramble done! Hope it made sense! God bless and thank you for everyone who prays for us! :)

2 comments:

Brittney said...

What a beautiful experience. Your willingness to joyfully serve inspires me!

These blessed kids will be in my prayers.

Theresa G. said...

I'm so excited for you and what you are all doing for these women! It's such a great and needed ministry, thank you for being bold and listening to God's call!