Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Running

Late last night, I returned home from 4 days in Palm Springs for the Resolved Conference. 4 days of spirit-filled messages and amazing fellowship with my brothers and sisters all in the middle of sinfully hot weather. It was great!

On this extra day I took off from work, I have been reflecting a lot about what we learned about this weekend. I realize it might take me about 10 more blogs to go over all of it, but one thing that has really been amazing to me is how I have changed since last year's Resolved.

On Friday night, Rick Holland taught about the "Distance of Divine Transcendence" and the "Nearness of Divine Imminence." In other words, God is too far to get to and too close to run away from. It's this tension we live with but then Jesus comes and closes up the gap.

I have been thinking about how last year when I went to Resolved, I may have not realized it - or maybe I didn't want to admit it - but I was trying to run away from God. I had so many things getting in the way of having a close relationship with God, and, in some ways, I didn't care. And then I knowingly went to a conference with the theme of sin, but hoping I could continue my life with the purposeful sin in it. Such a silly girl I am...

But then this year, after a year of God moving in my life, catching me dead in my tracks in my race from Him, turning me around, and putting me in the right direction, I now find myself on the side of running after Him. It's a strange but wonderful place to be. In some ways it's almost scarier than running from God because I now have to face all the dirt in my life; look it straight in the eye. But it is so comforting to have a saviour who allows me to come to Him and who washes that dirt off.

Last year I left Resolved feeling broken, dirty, and crying out to Jesus for Him to take over my life. It was right where He wanted me.

This year, I left Resolved feeling refreshed, clean, acceptable, and rejoicing because I have a Saviour who has made me, the dirty broken sinner I am, one who is now clean and acceptable before God. He is so good!

Hallelujah! All I Have Is Christ!
Hallelujah! Jesus Is My Life!

No comments: