Thursday, December 18, 2008

Beauty from Ashes

I feel like my blog is often filled with a lot of sadness, prayer requests, and updates... with hope, but sometimes even more sadness. I suppose though that if I can't be honest about what's happening in my life, then why bother at all... but I still worry... am I a negative Nancy?? I don't think so... God loves all our requests... especially if they are from a heart for Him.

"Give ear to my words, O LORD,
consider my sighing.
Listen to my cry for help,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray.
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation."
-Psalm 5:1-3

On to my 'update':

Tuesday, Drena had a miscarriage. She would have had a little boy. At that point, it was easier for Joey to let her go. Her organs are now being donated to help other people live.

Here is a picture of Drena (on the right) with my friend Cynthia:



A super neat part about all of this is I have gotten a lot of responses about wanting to donate to this family... whether it is gift cards, clothing, or money, people really want to help! I even received an email from a lady I don't know! I am not even sure how she received my email address to contact me but either way, she still felt God leading her to do something to help! So neat!!

I will most likely get to meet Joey and Hailey this weekend as a few of us are going over to their house to help clean and unpack (they were in the process of moving during this last week.) Be praying for this time! Also, Joey is going to need a nanny soon for Hailey so he can go back to work after the holidays. We also need prayer that strong Christian men will step up to walk along with Joey during this tough time and also to encourage him in his walk with God.

Overall, (and here comes my 'positive Polly' attitude!) I am really excited to see what God is going to do through all of this! He is already bringing people together and showing His power as He provides for this family through the body!

Hailey... what a cutie:

No comments: