Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Eavesdropping?

I can never decide if it is a blessing or a curse when there is a conversation that I REALLY want to contribute to, but I either can't because I don't know the people who are talking so that would be super weird to jump in, I shouldn't because I would say something that would only make more trouble, or, as in this case, I am not a member of the site where the (online) conversation is taking place and it would be odd for me to join the site just so I can put in my two cents.

So... Since I can't join the discussion, I shall blog about it! ;) (This isn't being passive-aggressive is it? I don't think so. Brothers and sisters call me out on it if it is, please!)

Anyway, we come to the discussion of clothing.



Sigh... Darn it!! Ok so God didn't want me to write about this. Just as I was typing I received a text message with a reference to a verse:

"Remind them of these things, and charge them before God not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers. Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. But avoid irreverent babble, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness, and their talk will spread like gangrene."

-2 Timothy 2:14-17

Alrighty... lesson of the day (or at least hour)? If I am not meant to be apart of the conversation, I must not be meant to talk about it. Period. I guess it was passive-aggressiveness after all? Hmmm...

2 comments:

Missy said...

I love you Jen.

Anonymous said...

Yep. That is God's gentle way of telling us to shut our yaps.