Monday, September 21, 2009

Stubborn? Me? Nah.

God and I have talks every so often... and they always end up the same way. Here is the most recent we have had that has been continuous and has repeated itself over the last few months or so.

Me: God... what do you have planned for me?
God: Look over there.
Me: No.
God: Don't you want to know what I have planned?
Me: It can't be that. I'll go do this instead.

God: How did your plans work out?
Me: Awful.
God: How about you look over there this time?
Me: No. I'm sure my next go at this will be better.

God: How'd it go this time?
Me: Awful. Again. But there's always this other thing I would like to try.
(This repeats about a million times. Then one day...)

God: You sure you don't want to look over there?
Me: Ok let's look. You did create the universe, didn't you? But if it doesn't work, don't tell me I didn't say so.

Me: God. :::on knees::: Wow. Thank you.

The End.

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes,
but the LORD weighs the heart." - Proverbs 21:2

1 comment:

Brittney said...

What a beautiful post and reminder that God's ways truly are perfect. I do this same thing...I love that He is grace in midst of our shortcomings though. He never gives up on us!:)