Thursday, December 9, 2010

Breathe Jen

It's amazing how life can take a turn... a *wonderful* turn... and yet I can still find myself freaking out.

Freaking out because I am afraid that I am going to mess it all up.
Freaking out because I am going to have to start being real.
Freaking out because "if it's too good to be true, it probably is," right?

So yeah... I'M FREAKING OUT!


Well, I was. Until I reminded myself (through talking and walking and praying it out) that I don't need all the answers and I don't need to be in control either.

Yes I AM going to mess it up.
Yes I AM going to have to be real... and it's going to get ugly.
Yes it DOES seem too good to be true, but that doesn't mean it really is.

And Yes... I need to trust that God knows better than me, that He is sovereign, and that when I mess this up (not if), He will use it to show His glory.


Phew! Much better ;)


Thank you Lord for not letting me be in control, for knowing me better than I know myself, and for holding me through every step of this crazy life! Oh and thank you for the comfort of Italian food and the talented hands who make it. I love the little blessings you give us along the way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such an honest post. It made me smile, because I think it's wonderful, too. I also smiled because I related to the "freaking out" parts. Thanks for sharing.