Sunday, November 23, 2008

I'm a doubting Thomas... Oh me of little faith...

In all the busyness, the excitement, and hustle and bustle... of life, I have to make a conscious decision to remember to update Rachel's progress... get ready... this is good!!!

To recap, it was ten weeks and two days ago that she was in the metrolink accident. She was rushed to USC medical center with a fractured skull, bleeding brain, fractured pelvis and ankle and major skin burns. We all wondered if she was going to make it. And when we became assured that she would live through this, we often pondered if she would speak, walk, or really, what quality of life she would have. We have seen her improve slowly, making responses by moving parts of her body, seeing her body heal, speaking every so often, and learning to eat on her own...

Last week, she walked 24 feet with a walker! Praise God!

Doubting Thomas me... did I think that would ever happen? Not really... I very much doubted her body would ever be capable of that again (Just being honest here)... but now.... Walking!! Talking!! She is such a miracle!!

Be praying for her continual healing. Along with the physical healing, also pray for emotional healing. She just found out during this last week about the accident so she has been pretty emotional lately. I am so thankful she doesn't seem to remember anything that happened that day, but after being in bed for ten weeks and counting, there will be a lot for her to deal with that she has missed. I am dreading the day she asks about Fennie.

God is good no matter what! He has already brought her through so much and I know He will continue to give her the strength to get through what comes her way!

"...the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them. And blessed is the one who is not offended by me." -Matthew 11:5-6

1 comment:

Lena said...

Hey Jen!

Thanks so much for the update! I miss being there with you guys! Let Rachel know I am thinking about her and praying for her...as are the people here.

Lena =)