Monday, November 10, 2008

Updates, Food, and Identity Crisis!

I realized (on my own and after having a few people question me on my 'absence') that I haven't blogged in a while! So here are some recent updates!

Rachel update:

She is doing better everyday. In this time (since my last update), she has started speaking and is becoming more aware of everything around her. She is no longer in intensive care, is now in the burn unit at USC, and will hopefully be move to the rehab center in Northridge soon!

Last week, her trach (opening in her neck) was removed and they started swallowing therapy which did not take long at all! In no time, she was eating soups and puddings and even spoon fed herself! God is so good!


Last Friday for work, we had a dinner over at our assistant controller's house in Pasadena. It was so much fun!

The following is the menu we received that morning to taunt us as we waited for the night to come:

Tonight, we drink & wet our appetite on:

Cocktails & Appetizers


Mixed Drinks, Wine, Beer & Soda
Cheese, Fruits & Nuts
Smoked Salmon w/ cream cheese & capers on toast
Grilled Jumbo Prawns w/ garlic butter sauce on toast
Baked Jumbo Scallops wrapped in smoked bacon
Prosciutto on sliced Tuscan melon

Tonite, we dine on:

Dinner

Pasta with clam sauce & mushroom & basil
Grilled Salmon with lime-cilantro sauce
Grilled Rib-eye steak marinated in "secret sauce"
Grilled Tri tip loin steak marinated in "secret sauce"
Steamed Asparagus & baby carrots
Creamed corn
Green salad

Dessert

Leche Flan
Fruit Tart
Coffee

Wow! I couldn't believe it! I felt like I should have been dressed up for such an occasion!

Here are some pics to highlight the evening:

Only a sample of what we ate that night! Mmmmm!


Two of the Chefs: Caesar and Cesar



Can't wait to eat!
Everyone else was posing... I was too busy eating I guess!



Hanging out in the "party" room


Chef #3: Susan, Caesar's wife



Flan makes us feel weird... but very good!



Diving into the dessert! Do you see that spread of food? Mmmm...


We all had tons of fun that night! Got to relax, do our best not to talk about work (so hard!) and enjoyed each others' company as well as the amazing food and beautiful weather!

By the way, for Halloween four of us decided to dress up like two of our coworkers (two dressed up as Kent, our supervisor, and two of us dressed up like Chuck). I dressed up as Chuck... How do you think I did? I, personally, can't see the difference between us! ;)


1 comment:

Lena said...

Hey chuck...you made me laugh out loud...thanks!