Friday, November 19, 2010

DELETED!

In light of my last post (wow did you really need me to link to it? Scroll down lazy!), I decided to kill a snake...


Over the last few weeks, I have been feeling convicted of some things:

1. I'm a bad friend. The 'Hi' 'How ya doin?' and 'Welp, I'm prayin for ya' (while all in passing) just can't be what God intended when He brought His people together to fellowship and encourage one another (Hebrews 10:24-25)

2. I'm a big ugly gossip. Need I say more? :(

3. I'm horrible at managing my time. I have started a new Bible reading plan and it's only made me realize how little time I devote to spending time in God's word. I need more!!

4. I'm prideful. VERY prideful. I constantly have to ask myself when I tell people about the After Hours Ministry (or blog about it): Am I talking about it because I am super excited about what GOD is doing? or to tell people what *I* am doing?? My motivation for sharing things about myself needs to be in constant 'check.'

5. I'm lazy. If something is going to take more effort than a simple task would, I will either procrastinate or just not do it at all.


Interesting that during this time, I would come across this: Social Media and Digital Discernment (It's long... but even 'lazy me' got through it.)


OUCH Pastor! Way to go with the 5 finger death punch to the heart!


That's when I killed my snake: I deleted my facebook. And I feel so FREE! I'm excited what God is going to do with my relationships, my tongue, my time, my pride, and my laziness!


Eww... I think I just threw up in my mouth...

2 comments:

Katie Alicea said...

WOW! I am so impressed. I know that I am on FB way too much. That was an intense article, thank you for sharing it. I'm feeling the gut punch. I have even been feeling lately like I am tired of blogging so much, but the thought of stopping feels weird. I want to trade writing about my thoughts to actually sharing my thoughts with someone face to face. That way it's a conversation and not just me. Hmmm....lots to think about.

Jen said...

Wow that's a good point! If I am getting rid of my FB to establish better relationships and to stop feeding into my 'narcissism,' I guess I would have to get rid of my blog too. I will have to pray about this one :)