Thursday, May 21, 2009

Proverbs 21

Crazy how the more I get into reading God's word again (even if it is just a few minutes in Proverbs) I now have so much to blog about!

Here's what stood out to me in Proverbs 21:


"Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor
will himself call out and not be answered." - Proverbs 21:13

Whoa! That is heavy! God will not hear me if I do not help the poor, the homeless, the helpless, the impoverished, the orphans...


"Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue
keeps himself out of trouble." - Proverbs 21:23

I need to keep learning and relearning the art of holding my tongue.


This next one was like God reaching out of the Bible (well, out of the computer as I was reading it on Biblegateway.com) and giving me a huge hug. I have been feeling really down about being back in Lancaster and really missing all that is in Simi Valley. It's not the actual geography; it's the people. But I feel like us living in a desert... barren, dry, empty... it's like it's symbolic of what life is like here... I feel barren, I feel dry, I feel empty. But then, God showed me this... and without explaining too much (now that would be gossip and would go against my learning to live verse 23), let's just say it was EXACTLY what I needed.

"Better to live in a desert land
than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman." - Proverbs 21:19

Thank you God!

No comments: