Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Slow to Speak

I am on day 4 of having no voice. It started off as a slight cold last week and then I lost my voice on Saturday and it has yet to come back!!

However, I am enjoying it. What?? Ok... granted it is a little difficult when I have to answer phones at work or talk to people and they are looking at me weird as I squeak at them. But... I find myself censoring myself. Any word I am about to say I wonder if it is worth the effort on my throat. I am talking less (although... I do talk a lot so this may bring me down to a normal persons amount of words per day?? Hmmm...) and I am somewhat enjoying it. It is bringing me to a new sense of growth... and maybe even wisdom?

"Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent." - Proverbs 17:28

I think this is good for me. It is forcing me to be slow to speak... and quick to listen. Something that may be a long awaited lesson for me to learn. God is good... He knew it was time...

Lord, let my words be few.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Update: Totally thought I had killed my voice last night. I lost all inhibitions to be 'slow to speak' when I was with all my friends. Oops!

However, my voice is coming back today!! weird? ;)