Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Write it Down!

I know I have been blogging a lot lately. Don't get TOO used to it. It's just a fluke...


I sometimes complain about being in Lancaster. I guess I need to explain now why God has finally convinced me to stop the complaining and rejoice over my return ;)


A few weeks ago, I met this girl, Kristin, at our college group. She has been a missionary teacher abroad for quite a few years and is now back here for a while. As we were talking, she asked what I did and I told her about the prostitute ministry and how I hoped to someday start one here in Lancaster. She looked at me weird and said she just met a lady two days before who was asking her if she knew anyone who would want to go out and talk to the people on the streets of Lancaster with her. Umm... what are the chance of that? so I excitedly gave Kristin my number so she could give it to this lady who I knew nothing about, but I just had a feeling... ;)

Last Sunday, I got a phone call from a lady named Debbie. She was the one whom Kristin had met. I started telling her about the ministry I am in and she was telling me about her heart for the lost in Lancaster. That day I was about to head to LA to go to another training class for the After Hours ministry (which I had to speak at!! whoa!! That might be another blog I have to write... LOL) and invited her to come, but she couldn't make it. So we made plans to meet for dinner on Thursday.

But in this phone conversation, she mentioned wanting to start a home of some sorts. Whether it was for girls only, or another homeless shelter (there is only one that we know of around here... and it is small... and kinda smelly...), she didn't know. But ever since Sunday, I had been thinking about it and that Thursday morning, the morning of my meeting her, I had decided I wanted to start writing down ideas for our possible ministry and/or home. Not only ideas, but what I knew God would want to do with it. It was as if I would be planning it out, without a building, in faith that, if it's His will, God would provide the building if I step out in faith and start 'planning.' I don't usually think stuff like that. I'm not exactly a prophet. LOL But something in me said to start writing things out in faith that something would happen.

Thursday night we met at Panera Bread and immediately she took out her Bible. She told me God had her up at 4am yesterday praying for me and He gave her a verse for me (Isaiah 61:1-3) which she wrote out on a card and laminated for me. So sweet. She then pulled out a notepad with other verses she had come across that morning. One was Habakkuk 2:2-3:

"Write the vision;
make it plain on tablets,
so he may run who reads it.
For still the vision awaits its appointed time;
it hastens to the end—it will not lie.
If it seems slow, wait for it;
it will surely come; it will not delay."

WHOA! Write it down?? It will surely come?? Crazy! Just as she had come across that verse and was praying for me, that very morning I had the idea to start writing things down... wow...

She then turned the next page and she had a whole page filled with ideas for a home/shelter!


AND THEN!! Here's the best part. Oh Lord, if this isn't confirmation, please show me!

She mentioned that she went to the Dream Center in LA and went through discipleship program there. I said that the lady I do ministry with went through the same program... Laurie Ishii. She almost fell off her chair. They knew each other!! For years and years! What a small world is that?? I mean seriously... what are the chances that I would meet an ex-junkie/prostitute in Hollywood through a friend in Simi and then 6 months later meet an ex-druggie from Huntington Beach in Lancaster who know each other?? So cool!!

Needless to say, I am a little jazzed! I dunno what God is going to do through this and what He will actually lead Debbie and I to do, but even still, things are slowly falling into place and every day God gives me another glimpse as to why the AV is where He truly wants me. :)

1 comment:

Mary said...

YAY GOD! I am so blessed to read what God is doing in your life. You have a heart for eternal things and it's so encouraging to know you! I've been praying for you and will keep praying for you. Love you!