Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 1 - James

On top of my new commitment to my book club, as well as reading Jonathan Edwards (which I don't want to give up), reading "Respectable Sins" (which I really shouldn't give up on until I am done), crocheting scarves for the girls (for when it gets cold, of course hehe), I have made yet another commitment. Oh yeah and don't forget I have to catch up on my bookkeeping for After Hours. But anyway, this is my new commitment...

For the next month, through August 18, I have committed to read the entire book of James every day. Why? Because it's God's Word! Pfff... such a silly question... oh and because *everyone else* is doing it. :P

So there it is.


Day one of reading the book of James Completed: during my lunch break.

Initial Thoughts: It is difficult to read through the whole thing and not want to stop and camp out on one thought, but I like the idea of reading the entire thing so as to understand what the goal of the entire letter is. Not to mention, my guess is I may have the book close to memorized by the end of the month. I like that!

Goal for tomorrow's James reading: Give myself more time to read it and do some research on James himself.

No comments: