Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 31 - James

Oops! Looks like I haven't blogged about James in a while... and today is the last day!

Reading through the same book every day was a really neat experience. I don't think I have ever done that before and spent so much time in one place. I think the most I did was I read Hebrews every day for a week. It's so crazy how it can still be so fresh everyday and there are always new things to learn from it!

While reflecting over the last month, my friend Jackie, the one who encouraged all of us to read James every day, wrote this:

"I just finished Bill Hybels' book "The Power of a Whisper" and in it he writes about hearing the voice of God. He writes at one point about the times when we start to feel spiritually dry. He said that it is in those times that he "gets stuck" in scripture. He said that there have been times he would stay in Proverbs... or Acts 2 or another book for weeks--just waiting for God to speak to him. He said that one time for his personal daily devotionals he stayed in Romans 12 for A YEAR. Wow. I was so encouraged when I read that, I think I fell asleep with a smile on my face."

Wow! I guess I know what book I will be reading next!

And as far as scripture goes, I am wavering between Romans and Daniel to read every day this month. Maybe I will do both. Stay tuned... ;)

No comments: