Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Mornings are Lovely!

When I was living in Simi, a group of us would get together on Wednesday mornings at 6AM to pray. It was so great! It was tough to get up that early but being able to start off the day praying with my brothers and sisters (followed by a yummy french toast breakfast at our favorite place!) was the best! On days that I didn't meet them for prayer, I still found myself getting up extra early to pray, read, and even sometimes made it to the gym for a boot camp class. I would go to bed early (or earlier than usual) but it was worth being able to spend the early hours of the day preparing for the day to come.

Now? Now I stay up way too late, half the time is wasted, the other half is being spent with Jesus (but he gets a very tired Jen at that point), and I barely wake up in time to get to work on time... sometimes on time... :/ and looking like this...



Until this morning! Woot! Last night I was tired by 10 so I went to bed and woke up EARLY today. It was so great! I got to do a lot more reading done than I usually do in the late hours of the night and I got to work feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day! No wonder Jesus would pray in the morning too... it really does make a difference ;)

It's a small victory for me. But a victory nonetheless!

"Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days." - Psalm 90:14

No comments: